I probably don’t do enough media/technology related posts. And was even reluctant to do this one, because I am, by no means, an expert when it comes to the various technological uses we have in the church. However, if anything, as an unwilling member of the school of hard knocks, I came across something this week that I though someone might find valuable and useful.
After (literally weeks) of seeing this same problem occur, I finally figured out how to fix it.
The problem: the same 47″ Vizio Gallevia flat screen I’ve used for the last 5 years, hooked up to the same MacBook Pro using the same cable and adapter, all of a sudden wasn’t centered properly and there was about a 4-6 inch gap of black nothingness on the left side of the screen.
The attempts to solve this problem:
- Tinker with the display settings on my MacBook Pro.
- I tried adjusting the display resolution size.
- Made sure all of my software was up to date.
- Tried turning on mirroring to see if it would cover the entire screen
- Confirmed my secondary display settings (1920 x 1080)
- Played a Keynote presentation to see if it would cover the entire screen
- Made sure there were no connection issues
- Tested my computer on another screen
The solution: reset the factory settings on the flat screen!
Needless to say, all of my trouble shooting attempts failed. Finally, out of desperation, I reset the factory settings on the flat screen! And believe it or not, the problem was solved! When all else fails, try a good ole fashioned reset! Well, that’ll preach!
For the latest updates, follow us on Twitter @ChurchA2Z.